We currently offer the following to Hertfordshire-based families:
- Educational teaching & support
- Pre-school playgroup
- Occasional speakers
Little Achievers welcomes all Hertfordshire-based families with a child with Down Syndrome of 5 years old and under (and their siblings) to come along, play, socialise and have fun.
For those who want the benefit of direct input for their child, there will be a weekly class with a focus on early skills in the areas of literacy, numeracy, fine motor skills, physical development and communication. The class content will vary from week to week (please see our Events page for details) and will depend on the age of the children. Sessions will be aimed at ages 1 - 5 years. The regular frequency of classes will allow children to get used to the environment and their peers in order to maximise their learning. In other words, we want to help your children learn as much as possible!
A key thing here however is no pressure. All children have different preferences and different rates of learning, and we want children (and their parents/carers) to feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible.
We are running three workshops in 2018:
- Primary Education
- Gillian Bird, from the Down Syndrome Association
- Date: 20th September 2018
- Course content available HERE
- Early years 0-4 years
- Helen Long
- Date: tbc
- Education Health & Care Plans - Annual Reviews
- Gillian Warwick-Thompson
- Date: tbc
Please see our events page for more details!
We'll be holding a range of free special events in 2018. The next one is:
- Our launch event!
- Come and join us at Soft Play City on Sunday 2nd September and find out more. We would love to meet you, tell you more about what we do & hear your ideas and feedback on what else you'd like from us.
Please see our events page for more details.